To make sure that analytics is performed quickly and efficiently, it is really worth using support tools that significantly optimize the entire workflow. Previously, quite a few different instruments were used for this purpose. Today, it is possible to combine everything in one Power BI.
Table of Contents
Features of the application
Power BI is a comprehensive business intelligence platform. All data are conveniently visualized. It is possible to store them both in the cloud and locally.
Reports are generated in the Power BI interface and have flexible viewing options. This usually requires information about the following business activities:
- Website traffic;
- Other indicators that affect the profit.
A desktop Power BI application can be downloaded on the official website, where users can also find this data. In addition, the report can be created offline and then quickly published when Internet access is available. Report layouts are drag-and-drop. They can also be optimized for mobile devices.
Metrics that Power BI can help you analyze:
- Customer behavior;
- The number of visitors to the company’s website and their actions;
- Conversion and bounce rates;
- The ways customers move through the site;
- Analysis of the effectiveness of the company’s website;
- Tracking the results of advertising campaigns.
More effective decisions
Power BI helps you make the right decisions quickly. For example, it can provide a large amount of information about customer behavior, which contributes to business ergonomics. The analysis takes place almost in real-time, so the results are as reliable as possible.
On the platform’s official website, newcomers can find all the necessary information about Power BI and how this marketing analytics tool works.
The main functions of Power BI are:
- Grouping of information;
- Quick measurements;
Advantages of Power BI
A number of Power BI advantages contribute to business efficiency, which are worth considering in more detail.
- High-quality information. Thanks to this tool, marketing analytics is enriched with information about user needs and behavior. This helps to significantly improve customer service and the level of business offers.
- Optimization of digital processes according to the company’s needs.
- Multichannel analytics contributes to the personalization of service. All information about customer actions is available for analysis, which makes it possible to respond quickly to any changes in the market.
- Fraud prevention by identifying potential threats in real time.
- Positive impact on the creation of marketing strategies in accordance with market conditions.
- Improved risk management.
- The ability to connect to external and internal sources of information, which increases the possibilities for analysis.
- Connection to hundreds of information sources and continuous development of the system.
- Simplified data processing and consolidation greatly facilitate their preparation for analysis.
- Detailed analytics and user-friendly interface.
Access to information
Power BI allows you to download large amounts of data from various sources. These can be Oracle databases, Excel spreadsheets, MailChimp, Facebook, Salesforce and others. This feature is especially useful for contextual advertising specialists and email marketers.
This tool allows you to link internal and external sources of information. Automating their interaction provides a more detailed market analysis.
How to import data into Power BI?
The platform allows you to import large amounts of data quickly and effortlessly. If you import information from Google Sheets, you need to do the following.
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Then go to “Publish to web.”
- Click the “Web page” tab.
- Then select the “Microsoft Excel spreadsheet” (XLSX) tab.
- In the settings, select the whole document if you want the entire document.
- Click the “Publish” button.
Links to other analysis programs
It will also be useful to connect with Google Analytics (GA4), as this will allow you to quickly import all the data you need for analysis. If you also need to use email distribution services and SQL databases, you need to connect them to Power BI so that all the information is in one system.
The Power BI service offers its users four types of communication with other resources:
- Many to one;
- Many to many;
- One to many.
You can set them by selecting the “Modeling” tab, then the “Manage links” function, and then the “Change” button, which will bring you to the “Change link” window.
Power BI provides not only convenient high-quality visualization but also the ability to compare data by various combinations of parameters. This greatly facilitates marketer analytics and speeds up the entire market research process.
The powerful Power BI analytics tool performs a wide range of tasks. It allows you to get the information you need for your business to make informed decisions quickly. In fact, it is a technology that turns data into quick results.