SEMrush free trial for 14 days (worth $119.95).
That’s exactly what you’ll be getting in the next few seconds.
If you’re on this page, most of you know what SEMrush is.
If you don’t, well, first grab this absolutely free SEMrush 14 day trial version and then we talk.
Table of Contents
- How to Get SEMrush Free Trial 2023: Step by Step Guide
- What is SEMrush? [Intro for beginners]
- Is SEMrush better than its competitors?
- Domain Overview
- Backlink Analysis
- Organic Research
- Keyword Research
- Gap Analysis
- Topic Research
- Ad Analytics
- CPC Map
- FAQs on SEMrush PRO Free Trial
- #1 How to get SEMrush 14 day free trial account?
- #2. Is there a free version of SEMrush?
- #3. Does SEMrush 14 days free trial need credit card details?
- #4. Am I charged for SEMrush free trial?
- #5. Can you get SEMrush free trial without credit card?
- #6. How long is SEMrush free trial valid for?
- #7. Can I cancel SEMrush free plan without incurring charges?
- #8. How to cancel SEMrush free trial?
- #9. What is the SEMrush refund policy?
- #10. Can you get SEMrush Premium account free for 60 days or 90 days?
- #11. What are the SEMrush subscription plans?
- #12. Which SEMrush plan is most suitable for me?
- #13. Can I switch or change my SEMrush plans at a later time?
- #14. What payment modes does SEMrush accept?
- #15. Can I continue using SEMrush free account after cancellation?
- #16. Is there a SEMrush discount code in 2023?
How to Get SEMrush Free Trial 2023: Step by Step Guide
You only need 4 clicks (literally) to get SEMrush PRO free trial in 2023.
Step 1: Click here. This is a unique free trial link I’ve created in partnership with SEMrush.
Step 2: Click on the “Get your 14 days free trial now” button.
Step 3: Enter an email ID & a password. And then click “Create your SEMrush account” button.
Step 4: Enter your card details.
Step 5: Scroll down on the same page, enter your billing details > click on place order.
Once you click on “Place the order”, your payment is confirmed instantly and you’ll get this “payment successful” screen:
(Note: You don’t need to verify an OTP for the card on SEMrush, just enter the card details and you’re done, no OTP required.)
What is SEMrush? [Intro for beginners]
Let’s just say that it’s a magic SEO tool. (Probably, the easiest to use and understand.)
A magic tool which helps with the following (and a lot more):
- Checking a domain’s traffic (both organic & ads).
- Backlink analysis for any domain (total no. of links / sources / dates/ anchors etc).
- Keyword research (volume/difficulty/CPC/ suggestions and variations/ top pages).
- Competitor research (their top pages, top countries, direct comparisons with your domain, gaps in backlinks and keywords etc.)
- Ads research (traffic cost / targeted keywords /ad positions & results etc).
- Traffic Analytics (unique vs. total visits /time on site / bounce rate etc).
- Topic research (content ideas from scratch!)
- Lead Generation.
- Social media ads, competitor monitoring, scheduling etc.
- Real-time rank tracking.
So, if you’ve ever asked what does SEMrush do? Well, it hand-delivers the entire blueprint for any website/keyword on the web. (Does more, a LOT more.)
(In the next section, I’ve covered the SEMrush benefits in a bit more detail.)
These help skyrocket my SERP (rankings).
Don’t take my word for it.
SEMrush’s client-base includes Forbes, Wix, Vodafone, Quora, eBay, Amazon and so on.
Here’s a testimonial from the Vodafone group for SEMrush:
If those companies trust SEMrush, should we really doubt them? (Hint: no)
Is SEMrush better than its competitors?
Yes, it is.
There are hundreds, if not thousands of other competitive SEO tools.
So, why SEMrush?
Put simply, its “database” exceeds almost every other tool out there.
Meaning, I can get, and analyze more domains, backlinks, keywords and overall data than with most other tools.
Well, let numbers do the talking?
Here’s an overview of SEMrush’s current database (May 2020):
- Keywords: 18,800,000,000 (18 billion) 9.8 billion (Ahrefs) and 500 million (Moz).
- Domains: 733,000,000 (733 million) 164.3million (Ahrefs) and 718 million (Moz)
- Backlinks: 28,400,000,000,000 (4 trillion) vs. 17 trillion (Ahrefs) and 40 trillion (Moz).
- Tools: 40+.
- Ideas for a single keyword: 20,000,000
- Ad data: 5.2 Million Advertisers / 3.5M publishers / 310M ads.
- Countries: 190+
So, now you know why I believe SEMrush to be better than its competitors.
Although, it’s not always black & white.
There are some aspects to which some other tools perform equally well, if not better.
Now for the tools.
Let’s discuss each of them in brief?
This is what I use when I need quick insights for a domain.
I use it to get data for my own domain, as well as that of my competitors.
Let’s see what Ebay is up to?
In seconds, I now know the:
- Total organic traffic
- Paid traffic
- No. of backlinks
- Display ads and
- Authority score for Ebay.
And that’s not all.
The domain overview also shares:
- All the keywords on the domain.
- Keyword distribution by traffic-country.
- A graph displaying the traffic-trend.
- Top keywords (both paid and organic).
- Main competitors for the domain etc.
I personally use it to get an idea of a keyword/niche’s traffic-potential and competition.
Analyzing the top-domains for a keyword tells me the maximum average traffic I can expect for that niche.
Secondly, the site’s no. of backlinks and domain authority tell me the amount of work that needs to be done.
I can simply click on the “Backlinks” tab from any domain overview.
Then, this page is shown to me:
As is evident, the page shows:
- Total RDs (Referring domains /unique domains).
- Referring IPs.
- Type of backlinks (images/text/frame/form).
- Link attribution (Follow/ Nofollow/ Sponsored/ UGC).
- A chart displaying the backlink source, its target URL, first & last-seen dates.
Notice those tabs on the top-bar?
They can be used to get in-depth data for the anchor texts, IPs, RDs and more.
If you’re researching a competitors’ domain, you now know exactly where they’re getting their backlinks from.
A simple e-mail may get you links from the same source as well.
Initially, I confused it with domain overview.
However, it’s a completely different tool.
It primarily is centered around “organic traffic for a specific domain”.
Some of the data it offers includes:
- Total keywords.
- Total traffic.
- Traffic cost.
- Branded & Non-branded traffic.
If I scroll down, other details such as the following are included:
- Top organic keywords.
- Position changes for the domain’s keywords.
- Top pages/subdomains
- And organic competitors.
I use this to find potential keywords I can target.
Also helps in understanding the keywords’ traffic-potential and overall value.
This probably is the SEMrush tool I use most.
It helps me understand the metrics of a keyword.
Here’s a normal results page:
The offered data includes:
- Total volume of a keyword.
- CPC etc.
I generally look for a high-volume keyword, with low difficulty and high CPC. (I’m sure you do too?)
However, It also offers questions, related keywords and other keyword variations.
Then it also displays the “SERP Analysis”. Basically, all the webpages from 1-100 ranking for that keyword.
So, now I know which sites I’ll be competing against.
SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool (new keyword discovery)
This is like a sub-tool offered within Keyword Research.
It’s what I use to find “new” keywords.
E.g. I only have one broad keyword for now- Chocolate.
When I enter that onto the SEMrush keyword magic tool, here are the results:
It may be hard to rank for “chocolate”.
But, it’s comparatively easier to rank for one of these other keywords.
This tool shows the “differences” between my domain, and the domain of my competitors.
It has two primary tools, the keyword gap analysis, and the backlink gap finder.
I can enter my domain, and URLs for all of my competitors.
Here’s a standard result-page:
And for a backlink analysis, here’s what’s displayed:
This lists all the backlinks, for all the entered domains.
But, that’s not the “Backlink-gap” data.
Backlink gap analysis tells me which backlinks I lack which exist for my competitors.
I’m not getting into the details. Simply because, if you’re reading this piece on how to get SEMrush free trial, you already speak basic SEO at the least.
Another one of the features you get with the SEMrush free trial account is its topic-research feature.
It lets me enter a keyword, and then generates thousands of sub topics.
Not exactly identical to the SEMrush keyword research feature, more like a “topic finder”. Handy when you’re out of fresh ideas.
One of the other SEMrush benefits is it doubles as an ad spy tool.
At least as far as Display ads or PPC campaigns are concerned.
Simply enter the URL of a competitor, and it gets us their ads, ad copies, history, competitors and everything else.
The SEMrush trial account too is capable of displaying advanced ad-metrics, such as in-depth insights of PLA (Product Listing Ads).
There also is a SEMrush social media ads tool.
Helps create my own ads, schedule posts and basically manage social media pages better.
Insights into audience profiles, competition tracking (social media) and ad insights offered as well.
Are you a blogger with Adsense as your primary source of monetization?
Or, maybe you’re an advertiser and are planning to run a PPC campaign?
The CPC Map is exactly for you.
It breaks down the average (highest and lowest) CPCs for a region.
Suggests the top industries, their CPCs, and also shows the most expensive keywords among other metrics.
Well, that covers most, if not all the SEMrush benefits out there.
And hey, this isn’t a SEMrush review.
Hence, I kept the tool-descriptions brief.
Although, I’m pretty sure you already had an idea of what SEMrush is.
Let’s move on to the SEMrush FAQ.
FAQs on SEMrush PRO Free Trial
Hopefully, you’ve got your SEMrush trial version by now.
If not, head to the very beginning of this article and do get it (in 4 clicks!)
And then, you can come back here to find answers to nearly all the questions related to SEMrush trial account.
#1 How to get SEMrush 14 day free trial account?
By simply clicking on this link once- get SEMrush trial version.
#2. Is there a free version of SEMrush?
SEMrush offers a 100% free plan.
Simply avail the SEMrush premium account free offer using the link above.
Once the free plan expires, and you cancel your premium membership, you get downgraded to SEMrush free plan.
You can use SEMrush forever without paying.
Here are the SEMrush free plan benefits-
Note that the limits displayed in the screenshot above do not exist during your SEMrush free premium trial period.
Neither do they exist after you upgrade to a paid plan.
The limits are exclusive to the SEMrush forever free plan.
#3. Does SEMrush 14 days free trial need credit card details?
Yes. It’s required simply to validate your card’s authenticity.
#4. Am I charged for SEMrush free trial?
A small fee of $1.00 is charged from your card.
But this is just to verify the card’s legitimacy.
It’s refunded back to you.
#5. Can you get SEMrush free trial without credit card?
But hey, they’re running a business, and already offering a SEMrush PRO free trial plan.
The least we can do is make sure they aren’t spammed with fake card details and exploiters.
#6. How long is SEMrush free trial valid for?
It’s valid for 14 days.
I’d recommend upgrading to a paid plan on any day prior to 14 days.
You’re free to cancel as well. (Although, I can’t imagine why you’d do that.)
#7. Can I cancel SEMrush free plan without incurring charges?
Absolutely. If you cancel SEMrush within 14-days, you don’t pay a penny.
#8. How to cancel SEMrush free trial?
There are two ways to cancel SEMrush PRO free trial account.
Method 1: In-built cancellation interface.
Step 1: Go to your SEMrush account, click on the “human-like” icon at the extreme right on the top. ( It’s marked #1 in the screenshot below). Then, click on “Subscription info”.
Step 2: On the next page, click on the link that says “active” (marked #1 in the screenshot below). Then, click on the “contact us” link.
Step 3: A form will be displayed on the next page. Just fill it up with your personal details. However, pay attention to the “tell us a bit more” box.
It’s mandatory that you mention the following information when cancelling SEMrush free trial account:
- Last 4 digits of the card you used to signup.
- Card type (VISA/Mastercard/Maestro/American Express etc.)
- Last charge: You can skip this as it’s a trial account. Or, you can mention $0.00. (You can also mention $1.00 as the last charge, however, this is refunded back to you after you signed up. SEMrush trial is 100% free.)
- Last charge data: Just mention the date on which you signed up for the trial. (If you don’t remember this, you can just check your E-mail for the welcome mail which SEMrush sent you the day you signed up.)
- Reason: It’s optional. You can either skip, or mention a reason why you’re cancelling.
Done. Just click on “Submit”.
Method 2 to Cancel SEMrush:
There’s another way you can cancel your SEMrush free trial.
Step 1: Copy below email template-
I subscribed to the SEMrush free plan from Updateland.com some days ago.
My registered email ID is: [insert your email ID]
Last 4 digits of my card: [insert last 4 digits]
Last charge: $0.00
Last charge date: [insert date of your signup]
I’d like to request a cancellation.”
Step 2: Send the email to email@example.com. (Set E-mail subject to: “Trial account cancellation”).
You can obviously write the email message yourself.
Any email can be used to cancel the SEMrush 14 day trial.
However, it’s best if you use your registered mail (used for signing up for the SEMrush free account).
#9. What is the SEMrush refund policy?
SEMrush offers a 7-day refund policy.
The funds are refunded within a maximum of 30-days.
Although generally, they don’t take more than a few at best.
#10. Can you get SEMrush Premium account free for 60 days or 90 days?
No. I’ve not seen any SEMrush 60 day free trial promo code, neither a SEMrush 90 day free trial link.
#11. What are the SEMrush subscription plans?
Wondering what is SEMrush cost after the SEMrush trial account expires?
Well, then you can opt for one of the SEMrush subscription plans.
It offers three plans:
- Pro- 1000 results, 3000 reports/day, 500 keywords tracked.
- Guru- 30,000 results, 5000 reports/day, 1500 keywords tracked.
- Business- 50,000 results, 10,000 reports/day, 5000 keywords tracked.
#12. Which SEMrush plan is most suitable for me?
That would depend on what your requirements are.
In general though, the SEMrush pro plan is a good place to start for individuals.
The SEMrush guru plan can be used by both individuals, and small-medium agencies/teams.
The business plan I do agree is a bit expensive, it’s best-suited for firms and companies.
#13. Can I switch or change my SEMrush plans at a later time?
Totally. You can change your plan at any moment you see fit.
#14. What payment modes does SEMrush accept?
You can pay on SEMrush using Credit cards, wire transfers, and even Cheque and money orders.
Although, in order to pay using any other mode except credit cards, you’ll need to send SEMrush an email and request the payment details manually.
#15. Can I continue using SEMrush free account after cancellation?
Yes, you can still use the forever free SEMrush free plan even after cancelling your free trial.
#16. Is there a SEMrush discount code in 2023?
Not exactly. However, I’ve applied a SEMrush discount code to this link which will get you SEMrush PRO plan free for 14 days.
I hope you’ve got your SEMrush premium account free for 14 days by now.
I’d urge you to use every single tool that SEMrush free plan offers.
Use them to their maximum limit.
That’s the only way you can reap maximum benefit out of this free trial.
Moreover, you’ll also get a much better idea of SEMrush’s true potential.
Don’t just limit yourself to one single project.
More importantly, use this free trial as a “review” period.
Compare, contrast, calculate your investment and ROI.
And then if you see fit, upgrade from the SEMrush free trial to the paid plans.