We live in an age of technological advancements. New complex tools are emerging every other fortnight, making our lives easier and more interesting than ever before. Technology has changed almost every aspect of our day to day life, from the way we communicate and work to the way we shop or even learn.
One of the essential tools at the center of the new age of learning and communication is, evidently, Skype.
In this fast-paced world, with tight work deadlines and numerous commitments, people don’t have the time anymore to attend night classes to improve their skills. Fortunately, they now have the possibility of taking an online class and boost their career opportunities from the comfort of their homes.
Platforms such as Preply.com, for example, connect students with private tutors worldwide via Skype. So, if you want to improve your English skills, you can access this link here https://preply.com/en/skype/english-tutors and look for a teacher that fits your budget and language level.
How effective can Skype be as a learning tool, you may ask yourself?
Well, according to one study, the rate at which people take online classes via Skype or other online platforms grows every year by almost 13%. That suggests that the likelihood of someone enrolling in a digital course or turn to an online teacher in the following years will increase exponentially.
Other studies show that online teaching is also growing at a tremendous rate every year. In countries from Asian or South America experts are seeing a 14% increase from one year to another.
So, why do teachers choose to educate via Skype? Well, for one reason, it’s extremely easy to do it. Skype has evolved into a very reliable tool that offers a variety of integrated features such as sharing screens, accessing websites and sending files instantly, making the teaching experience interactive and fun.
Here are some of the benefits that have turned Skype into an emerging trend in online learning.
- Real-Time Communication: You can communicate with your teachers and get instant feedback without having to leave your house or waste time stuck in traffic.
- Comfort: A comfortable environment can help you focus and assess the information better. You also have more control over your classes and can choose an hour or day that fits your busy schedule.
- Interactive: Skype offers better feedback and evaluation experiences. The teacher can use quizzes, games or other online resources to make the lessons fun and interactive.
- A Wide Array of Learning Opportunities: Tutors have access to vast amounts of resources, such as e-books, reports, games and so on that can help deepen the learning experience. At the same time, you can find teachers for almost every topic you would like to learn about, from psychology and languages to yoga or coding.
- Affordable: Taking classes online via Skype is cheaper than enrolling in a regular education center. There is no need for transport, physical teaching materials or fees for renting the space.
- Ever-Evolving Technology: Skype is continuously improving, trying to offer a modern and satisfying experience to its users. For example, along with Microsoft, Skype recently launched Skype Translator, a tool that relies on speech recognition technology and translates conversations in real time.
It is clear that Skype is a useful, interactive program that facilitates learning of skills or foreign languages through the ability to communicate effortlessly and, most important, quickly with the teachers. You can do so from the comfort of your home while having open access to a variety of resources and tools. Since Skype is an emerging trend in learning, it can be assumed that over the next few years, even more teachers and students will turn to this effective alternative method of learning.