A research paper consists of an essay or paragraphs comprising of the views of the author on an argument. It is one of the most important papers as it lets the users understand the details of a particular argument in a definitive way. It represents how the author of the paper evaluated and interpreted his knowledge, which he gained from various sources in order to express his views. Writing a research paper requires the author to have some deep knowledge about the argument through which he will be able to analyze facts and thereby express his interpretation of those.
It is quite a difficult and complex task and needs proper planning and strategic approach to be able to publish the correct information. Research paper writing is different from any other form of content writing and the author needs to understand this very well. So to help you to write a research paper, we have provided some great tips below. Let us look at them and see how they can be helpful to you.
Find the right topic and collect information
The most important thing in research paper writing is that you need to provide a lot of information and hence do a lot of investigation from various sources. So before you begin, you must choose that topic on which you will get plenty of information and that too from multiple sources.
After you have decided the topic, you should move on to collecting all the information related to it. You can go through books, magazines, encyclopedia and internet to collect the information which will be required to interpret your thoughts in the research paper.
Make Bibliography Cards
After you have settled upon a topic and collected necessary information related to it, you must proceed to the next step which is to make the bibliography cards. Doing so will allow you to ensure that all the information that you have collected is very well documented. It will prevent the information to be mixed and matched and ensure that information from different sources is separately kept. This will make it easier to present it while writing it in the research paper.
Also, you should make a rough or a basic structure of the essay. You can write down the points which will provide you the base later on for research paper writing. This will also ensure that you do not forget anything later on and that everything gets covered.
Work on the Rough Structure to finalize it
After your rough structure is ready, you should work on it and make down the necessary corrections and additions. Instead of starting with the research paper directly, it is better to make additions on the rough structure only. This will help you to see which errors you were about to make and hence you will be able to prevent them.
You can make the rough structure a bit more systematic and make the necessary changes which you would like to see in the final structure. You can change a few words and the presentation of the structure. You can add new headings, subheadings, captions, titles and much more.
Now prepare for the final work
After all the preparations are in right place, it is then time to assemble the final product. To do first you should begin by making a title page. After that, you should move forward to make a content page, which is much more like a preface to a book. On the first page you can write details such as the name of the author, date of the paper as well as other introductory details.
Next you can make a table of contents. This will help the reader to see which page has which title or subtitle and will make it easier for them to find any particular information easily without going through the entire research paper. This will also ensure that the topics of the research are very well categorized and hence will be easy to be comprehended.
Write the final content
Now that all the preparation has been done, you just need to go ahead and write the final essay to complete research paper writing process. But you need to be careful about a lot of things when you come to this stage.
- First of all, there is a pre-determined and a very strict format of the research paper. So ensure that you follow this format very well and in a disciplined manner.
- Secondly, you must adhere to the corrections and additions that you made earlier and make sure that you don’t make the same mistake in the final paper as there were in the rough structure.
- Thirdly, you should double phrase the entire paper including the starting pages. Also, ensure that the body is grammaticality accurate.
- Fourthly, you need to stay away from using certain things. These includes use of phrases like I want or I feel. Never express what you want, rather state the facts from the research you have conducted.
- Fifth, you should avoid writing in passive voice. You should go through your essay once again after completing it to look for errors. You can also use spelling and grammar checking tools to ensure that everything is perfectly written.
- Sixth, make sure that no part of your essay is plagiarized. The essay should be completely unique and you can use plagiarism checking tools in order to ensure that. In case, you see any plagiarized content, immediately change it.
The Last Words
Research paper writing is a complex process but if you work step by step and make a plan, and then you can write a very good one. So if you are about to write one and find yourself clueless about how to write it then go through the tips and steps mentioned above and we are sure that you will end up writing a great research paper.