The world of email marketing is only becoming more important over time. While this was a core marketing strategy 15 years ago, it is still going strong, representing one of the most important tools that every marketing team will have in their toolbox.
According to studies conducted by eMarketer, 80% of marketing professionals indicate that email is their most important platform for customer conversion and retention. This field of marketing is incredibly impressive, especially when done correctly. Beyond just sending emails with good copy, your business will need to ensure that every element of your emails is up to scratch.
A great way to get ahead when it comes to formatting and styling email marketing materials is to ensure you have an email signature that all of your employees use. Luckily, with how important email signatures have become, there are now world-leading email signature generators that you can use to quickly make a template format.
In this article, we’ll dive into the world of email signatures and their generators, demonstrating exactly how these tools can save your business time and money in the long run. Let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
What Should I Include in a Business Email Signature?
Email signatures are a prime location to show off a little bit extra about your company. Of course, you’ll have your company name and logo here. But, email signatures are really about going that extra mile and incorporating branding elements into these small spaces.
Here are a number of things that you could incorporate into your email signatures to make your emails go even further:
- Contact Information – Including phone numbers or email addresses can show that you’re serious about helping your customers and willing for them to contact you across different channels.
- Marketing Materials – Although only a small space, your business email signature can include links to other marketing materials and lead magnets. Make every little bit of space count in your emails!
- Social Media Icons – These can create further portals for your customers to explore, and can link to other spaces where you’re currently running marketing campaigns. This is a great tip for click-through rate and engagement.
- Awards – If your business has recently won an award, then dropping in a mention of this or a photo of the award can act as some much-needed social proof.
How Using an Email Signature Generator Saves You Time
Whenever you onboard a new employee, they’re going to have to go through the motions when it comes to creating user accounts and getting everything set up correctly. One of the things they’ll have to do is ensure that their email account is properly equipped to send and receive business documents.
The easiest way of doing this is by letting them rapidly create one by themselves. Instead of walking them through every step, let them generate an email signature by putting in their own data. Not only is this significantly faster than having your IT department make one for them, but they can also put in whatever information they’d like.
This includes additional contact emails, their work phone number, and maybe even a picture of themselves, if that’s something your business uses on your signatures. Beyond just saving your business time, it also saves that new employee time.
Without having to spend the better part of an afternoon carefully crafting a signature, the ability to click a button to generate email signatures will ensure they can get back to their real work. By increasing the speed with which employees can craft this integral part of communications, they are then free to continue on as normal.
For new employees, this will cut down the total time it takes to be onboarded. Over time, the afternoons you save here and there from this will help to boost your overall workplace productivity and keep everyone working efficiently. As your team spends more time working, you’ll also be helping your company move toward its targets with ease.
How Using an Email Signature Generator Saves You Money
While many of the major savings that come from using an email signature generator are related to saving time, that doesn’t mean that they don’t have a knock-on effect on other areas.
There are a number of ways that email signature generators can save businesses money or even help them increase profits:
- Great Impressions – Email signatures, once you’ve rapidly made one with a generator, will let you homogenize how your employees present themselves over email. Whenever a new customer gets in contact with your business, they’ll see your email signature and recognize your company as reputable and professional. This can make all the difference, helping you to close deals with new clients. Over time, this can reduce the total amount your business spends on its cost of acquisition, as you’ll have more success with each client that gets in contact with you.
- Avoid Additional Costs – Graphic designers will often try to charge businesses to design an email signature. With the brilliance of modern tools, you’ll be able to rapidly generate a fantastic email signature that stands out from the crowd. With this in mind, you can redirect this money from your graphics budget into other areas and push your businesses even further toward success. You can also make edits of your signature with ease on these platforms, without incurring more costs.
- Marketing Materials – By having a different email signature that you send out to different user segments, you’re able to effectively execute personalized email marketing on a greater scale. Personalized emails are more likely to be opened by nearly 30%, with email signatures creating a great space to include information for your customers. Not only will this boost how effective your email marketing is, but it’ll help you win customers in the long run.
Email signature generators are a complete win-win for your business. You’ll be saving your employees and IT staff time, while also helping your company to maximize its profits.
Email signature generators are incredibly useful tools that will help your business to save both time and money. While this bit of tech may seem only slight at first glance, it can be put to use to build one of the most important outreach centers in your business – your email marketing hub.
Whether you start using an email signature generator to save your employees time or to save your company some extra money, this is an addition to your tech stack that you definitely won’t regret.