What is Bedpage? If that’s what you’re asking, you’ll find an extremely detailed answer here.
A number of Backpage alternatives sprang up after the site got seized. Bedpage is one of those sites.
Is it free? Do you need to register? What’s listed or not listed on the platform? Those are some of the questions that’ll be answered here.
Let’s jump in then?
Table of Contents
What is Bedpage?
Bedpage is a classified ad site and probably the largest replacement and alternative to Backpage as of 2023.
“Classified ad site” just means a digital billboard. Anyone can post an ad about anything here.
In simpler words, it’s “person-to-person” site, connecting two (or more) people to each other who can solve each other’s problems.
It’s 100% free for viewers. The interface is extremely basic, simple and without any bells and whistles. However, it more than serves its purpose of helping users find what they’re looking for.
The website is almost identical in terms of looks, features, and interface to what Backpage was offering.
This is how Bedpage looks like today:
There are no registrations, payment or anything else as far as viewing ads go.
You might be interested in reading an article on Best sites like Bedpage.
What services can I offer/receive on Bedpage?
There are no major limitations on Bedpage. I’ve seen ads just about everything.
Once you click on a state, here’s what you’ll see:
As is evident, there are primary categories and then multiple sub-categories within those primary categories:
- Adult: This category primarily includes hardcore adult services such as strippers, escorts, kink-based partners etc.
- Dating: This helps you find other people seeking dates. It has categories not just for straight people, but also gay and lesbians.
- Antiques, art and collectibles: I’m sure you know what this offers.
- Automotive: You can buy/sell cars, bikes, trucks, trailers, parts and other vehicle equipments here.
- Baby & children: Clothes, prams, toys and everything else a baby needs can be found here.
- Boats & Jet skis: Well, everything related to boats including whole boats & jet skis, as well as their parts are available here.
- Books, Music & games: You can buy books here, rent CD/DVDs, or buy board games.
- Clothing & Jewellery: This category lets you buy clothes and jewellery for all genders. They’ve got shoes and accessories as well.
- Community: This is basically the “social” category. If you need another “person’s” help, you find it here. Lost & found items, dance partners, sport partners, rideshares, garage sales and hobby-twins can be found here.
- Electronics & computers: This is like the “gadgets” category on e-commerce stores. You’ll find phones, computers, tablets, gaming consoles and other similar things here.
- Tickets: Often times, users buy/sell tickets they don’t need anymore. Or, they bought tickets at a discount and now wish to sell them. This is where it’s done.
- Jobs: Jobs of just about every kind are listed here.
- Home & Garden: If you like “decor”, you’ll find items here. Lighting, appliances, tools etc. are listed.
There are a few dozen more categories but I’m sure you’ve got an idea of what’s available here, haven’t you?
Basically, Bedpage is for everything THAT’s LEGAL! You aren’t allowed to post illegal sex ads, hacking services, ads for carded/stolen goods or anything else that’s not legal.
Why does Bedpage show state list on the homepage?
Bedpage has this simple interface where you first select your state, and then the services you need.
Hence, on the homepage, you’re first shown a full list of the country you’re in. Yes, Bedpage auto-detects your country and shows you the states.
Do note that the states do not have to always be accurate. Meaning, you may search for services/ads near your state too instead of exactly in your state. This is true especially if the service you’re providing/seeking can be offered over the internet.
Does Bedpage require registrations?
No. Bedpage doesn’t require registrations to view ads. You can simply click on any state, choose an ad-category and view the ads.
Registration will however be required if and when you wish to post your own ads. This is expected as you’ll need an account to manage, edit, delete or modify your ad.
To Sign up at Bedpage, you’ll need a Gmail ID. It’s weird but you can not enter e-mail IDs manually. Rather, you must use the “sign up with Google” button on the sign up page.
Also, you’ll need to fill in a few other details:
Obviously, none of these details are verified. So, you can enter random numbers, address and pin code.
Is Bedpage available in non-English languages?
Yes. Bedpage isn’t just for the English speakers.
When on the site, you can click on three horizontal lines at the top-left. This brings up a language list.
You can select from over a dozen languages, including but not limited to Japanese, Chinese, Croatian, Danish, Polish, Russian etc.
Is it free to post ads on Bedpage?
No, it’s not. The platform gives you very direct access to hundreds of thousands of potential clients, it’s not logical for it to be free, is it?
Bedpage also has a number of sister sites. You can choose which site you’d like to post to and the pricing differs accordingly:
- Pay $20.00 to post an ad on Bedpage.com
- Pay $5.00 for ebackpage.com
- Or pay $2.5 for ibackpage.com
How to pay on Bedpage?
So, in order to pay for your ads you need to add “credits” to your Bedpage account.
These credits can only be paid for using “Bitcoin”. Well yes, no other form of payment is accepted.
This does protect your identity and keep you safer though.
Final words- What is Bedpage?
I’m confident you’ve got an idea regarding what Bedpage is. It is a simple page that shows jobs/services/offers in very specific localities.
Do note that it is possible you may find a few illegal/illegitimate listings there. It is best not to click or respond to those.
That is about it for now. Feel free to browse the site and see if things of interest show up eh?